WEPs country winners announcedNews Stories /09 December 2022
The UN Women Asia Pacific Women Empowerment Principles (WEPs) Awards is the first regional awards initiative that recognises companies promoting inclusive and sustainable growth in the region. Created by WeEmpowerAsia and supported by Investing in Women, the WEPs aim to make good practices visible and encourage more businesses to take action.
The WEPs are co-hosted by the Indonesia Business Coalition for Women Empowerment, the Philippine Business Coalition for Women Empowerment, and the Vietnam Women Entrepreneur Council. The WEPs have seven categories: Leadership Commitment, Gender-Inclusive Workplace, Gender-Responsive Marketplace, Community Engagement and Partnerships, Transparency and Reporting, and Small-and-Medium Sized Enterprises Champion.
Here are this year’s winners who have been honoured as the highest achieving leaders and businesses in their respective categories.
- Leadership Commitment Champion: Emma Sri Martini, Finance Director, PT Pertamina
- Gender-Inclusive Workplace Champion: PT Amartha Mikro Fintek
- Gender-Responsive Marketplace Champion: PT AMAAN Indonesia Sejahtera
- Transparency & Reporting Champion: Evermos
- Community Engagement & Partnerships Champion: Think.Web
- Leadership Commitment Champion: Anna Marie Rojas-Lagon, CEO, BAYO Manila Inc.
- Gender-Inclusive Workplace Champion: Microsoft Philippines
- Gender-Responsive Marketplace Champion: DDB Group Philippines
- Transparency & Reporting Champion: Fujitsu Global Delivery Center Philippines
- Community Engagement & Partnerships Champion: The Insular Life Assurance Co., Ltd.
- Youth Leadership Champion: Sharon Vaswani, CEO, PanOpthalmics Enterprise
- SME Champion: TeamAsia and Edukasyon.ph
- Leadership Commitment Champion: Amit Verma, Country Head, Olam Vietnam Limited
- Gender-Inclusive Workplace Champion: VPS Securities Joint Stock Company
- Gender-Responsive Marketplace Champion: Julie Sandlau Vietnam Co. Ltd
- Community Engagement & Partnerships Champion: Unilever Vietnam International Company Limited
- Youth Leadership Champion: Nguyen Ngoc My, Senior Executive, Vice Chairwoman of the Board and General Director, Alphanam Group
- SME Champion Champion: Wardhaven Capital Limited – HCMC Representative Office
Watch the WEPs Award 2022 Asia-Pacific Regional and National Ceremony recordings and get to know all the winners here.