About Patamar Capital.
Patamar Capital (formerly Unitus Impact) exists to unlock better economic opportunities for Asia’s low-income communities. The firm achieves superior returns for its partners by investing in and supporting early-stage, high-growth companies solving South and Southeast Asia’s most pervasive problems at scale. Patamar Capital’s global team based in Bangalore, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta and San Francisco has completed investments across six countries and sectors including agriculture, education, healthcare, financial services, and employee benefits.
Investing in Women partners with Patamar Capital to finance the growth of women’s SMEs in Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam. Program funding will support the following activities: (a) Women’s SME Acceleration Program for the expansion of early stage businesses; (b) Proof of Concept investments into growth stage women’s SMEs; and (c) Direct Management Support to source and close deals.
Summary of Key Results and Investment Activities
- Investments in the range of US$ 200,000 – 300,000 for 6-8 highly scalable women’s SMEs across Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
- Training and mentoring for 24 women’s SMEs in Indonesia, in partnership with Kinara Indonesia.
- Early stage investments of US$ 25,000 as part of the acceleration program.
- Co-investments facilitated from investors within Patamar Capital’s network.
- 2-3 women trained to work in the Southeast Asian venture capital and impact investing space, as members of Patamar Capital’s team.
In the process of investing with a gender lens, Patamar Capital will strengthen the program’s knowledge of market appetite for investments into women’s SMEs.
For more details about Patamar Capital, please visit their website.