Report: COVID-19 and Women’s Economic Participation
This report provides analysis from a rapid but extensive literature review around the impacts of COVID-19, previous pandemics and recessions on the economic position of women. It also includes analysis on actual and potential impacts in Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines and Vietnam, as well as risks and opportunities looking ahead.
This report was completed by Professor Marian Baird and Associate Professor Elizabeth Hill from the University of Sydney, and funded by Investing in Women.
- Executive Summary
- Method for the rapid review
- Economic crises and women’s employment
- Health crises and women’s employment
- COVID-19: Women’s employment during the ‘great lockdown’
- Investing in Women project countries
- Women at work: risks and opportunities
- Areas for further research
- Author biographies