Women in Agriculture Initiative: 2020 Annual Report
In 2019, Investing in Women partner, Root Capital, launched the Women in Agriculture Initiative Business Plan, which laid out four strategies—Grow, Cultivate, Innovate, and Amplify—an integrated approach that invests in community-led solutions that put women first. This report highlights Root Capital’s impact in 2020, during which they supported women farmers, employees and entrepreneurs as they promoted gender inclusion and equity in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2020 BY THE NUMBERS
- GROW: Increasing the proportion of gender-inclusive and women led businesses in our lending portfolio.
- CULTIVATE: Strengthening the capacity of women working in agricultural enterprises.
- INNOVATE: Supporting agricultural enterprises to design and implement strategies that benefit women.
- AMPLIFY: Demonstrating to others how to holistically impact women across agricultural value chains.
- STORIES OF IMPACT: Pivoting to Address Emergency Needs of Rural Women
This report was originally published on the Root Capital website.