Project Sage 3.0: Tracking venture capital, private equity, and private debt with a gender lens
Project Sage tracks the global shape and size of the private markets in gender lens investing. In this 2020 iteration, the report identifies 138 total funds deploying capital with a gender lens, up 58.6% from the 87 funds in 2019. Almost two thirds — 61% — of funds were first time funds. Total capital from these funds raised exceeds USD 4.8 billion, more than doubling the 2019 reporting period.
- The number of funds continues to grow significantly.
- Gender lens funds are still predominantly first-time funds.
- Geographic diversity continues to increase.
- Total capital raised has cleared USD 4.8 billion.
- Gender lens investing is till broadly defined.
- Many funds’ investment criteria focus on gender as well as other forms of diversity.
Table of Contents
- Goals and Audiences
- Executive Summary
- Research Approach and Data Collection Process
- Our Gender Criteria Framework
- Trends and Analysis
- Looking Ahead
- Individual Self-Reported Fund Data
This report was originally published on the Wharton University of Pennsylvania website.