Mothers’ rooms: Nurturing the future growth of the workforce
The Myanmar Business Coalition for Gender Equality—a partner of Investing in Women—has developed this information brief on setting up lactation rooms in workplaces in order to set out its expectations with respect to the business sector to follow the sound and prudent management practices. This information brief, therefore, covers the simple steps in action for mother-friendly workplaces.
This brief is intended to increase access to information about lactation rooms, including benefits and basic requirements for establishment. Based on interest from the business sector, BCGE will engage in follow-up consultations and referral to partners for detailed support.
- Mothers’ rooms are a smart investment that keep the company’s human resources, capital and financial resources from drifting away.
- A small up-front investment in a lactation room will save companies money in the long run and bring rewarding results for both the employers and the employees.
- The lactation room is a necessary room in every organization and the positive results it will bring.
- The nature of the workforce has changed in the 21st century. Employees and top talents want to work in workplaces that provide work-life balance and family-friendly working conditions.
- Installing a lactation room helps to create a mom-friendly workplace that can attract top talents among working mothers and women who plan to have children.
- IN REGARD TO HER “SPACE”
- THE FUTURES SHE “FOSTERS”
- SIMPLE STEPS IN ACTION
- The STS Approach
- PUTTING INTO ACTION
- ADDITIONAL SUPPORT
This brief was originally published on the BCGEA website.