2020 Philippine Startup Survey
For a startup ecosystem to be successful, founders, management, employees, investors and the government must be actively supportive. It is also necessary for these stakeholders to have a thorough understanding of their milestones, achievements and areas for growth. As a follow-up to the 2017 Startup Survey, this report presents data, insights and stories gathered through a survey of 111 startup founders and 31 investors in the Philippines, conducted by PwC.
- Startup investors are confident about the growth prospects of the Philippine startups. According to the investors, financial technology (Fintech), e-commerce, and medical and healthcare technology are the top sectors that will be successful in the Philippines.
- Top considerations of investors for startups are the founding members, business model, and scalability.
- The Philippine startup ecosystem ranks 54th out of 100 countries globally.
- Around 15% of the startup ecosystem in the Philippines fall under Fintech.
- Founders are more concerned with market readiness and talent acquisition, which are critical to creating sustainable businesses.
- Aside from viability, most investors now focus on the profitability and sustainability of startups.
- About the survey
- Scale up
- M&A Deals
- Empower startups
- The Philippine startup ecosystem
- Research methodology and contacts
This report was originally published on the PwC website.