Web Consultant – Philippines
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Web Consultant will assist the Senior Communications Manager in elevating its digital media presence through the IW website and is responsible for performing a website audit in order to provide strategic advice on the enhancement and optimisation of the IW website. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of web design, development, and maintenance for complex digital platforms, possessing extensive knowledge of current trends in website design and the ability to incorporate end-user feedback. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate strong experience in implementing SEO and UX/UI strategies to drive traffic to online pages.
Under the supervision of the Senior Communications Manager, the Web Consultant will assist in developing future site strategy by:
- Performing detailed evaluation of the technical aspects of site performance, user experience and backlinks to ensure the website’s overall usability and functionality;
- Work with IW’s Web Maintenance and Development Service Provider in improving the back-end architecture of investinginwomen.asia, including streamlining existing code, ensuring that software is up to date, and developing/enhancing new web templates;
- Auditing IW’s current content assets and creating and implementing SEO strategies and recommendations to boost web traffic;
- Providing support in interviewing stakeholders to learn more about their online requirements, preparing a website audit report and documenting a website development plan for website enhancement/partner portal project.
- Providing additional website maintenance and update support on existing web pages, including updating web portals, monitoring and analysing traffic and user behavior analytics, as needed.
- Qualified web design and development, graphic and UX/UI design, software engineering, or other relevant credentials
- Advanced proficiency in content management software, particularly WordPress, website auditing software such as (Moz, SEMRush, etc.) as well as multiple web coding languages such as HTML, Java, CSS and PHP
- In-depth knowledge of new technologies and trends in website design, UX/UI and SEO strategies
- Proven track record in refreshing/enhancing existing websites or web platforms to update them with the latest developments, technologies and trends in website design
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Thursday, 18 March 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.