Vietnam Country Manager – Vietnam
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Vietnam Country Manager will provide advice, implementation and coordination support to the Executive and Pathway Teams for the efficient and effective delivery of the Investing in Women (IW) program in Vietnam.
The Vietnam Country Manager is a member of the Strategic Implementation Unit (SIU) which provides support to the in-country management arrangements for IW. The SIU plays a key role in maintaining engagement with the Australian Embassy/Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in the Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam. To enable IW’s program’s achievement of its stated objectives, the SIU supports the Program’s activity implementation across its three Pathways (Workplace Gender Equality, Impact Investment for Women SMEs, and Influencing Gender Norms).
The Vietnam Country Manager will:
- Support the day-to-day relationship with the Australian Embassy in Hanoi, the Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, IW partner agencies as well as key Vietnamese Government agencies including providing regular program updates, coordinating and communicating program activities and events, managing Vietnamese Government’s participation in program activities, and preparing official briefs
- Coordinate all IW activities in Vietnam, including the provision of logistical coordination and support, in collaboration with the DFAT Gender Specialist in Vietnam responsible for IW
- Ensure the IW Team is well networked with key partners and informed of issues, research and developments in Vietnam, and key partners are kept well informed of the program’s development
- Support the IW Pathway 1 Team’s collaboration with the Vietnam Business Coalition for Women’s Empowerment (VBCWE) to implement initiatives that promote workplace gender equality and women’s economic empowerment
- Support the IW Pathway 2 Team in planning and delivering its Impact Investing initiatives aimed at effecting change among women-led SMEs in Vietnam
- Support the IW Pathway 3 Team in managing its campaign partners in Vietnam and assist in monitoring their activities in Vietnam
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role managing donor funded programs
- Strong ability to build and nurture relationships with people across all levels of bureaucracies
- Demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Systematic work style and ability to deliver against competing deadlines
- Respect for, and ability to work effectively cross-culturally
- A degree in economics, social development, gender studies, monitoring and evaluation, business management or a related field
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Sunday, 28 February 2021
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.