Travel and Events Manager
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The IW Travel and Events Manager is the point person for any travel and event-related requests, and books or arranges for efficient and effective goods and services. The Travel and Event Manager is not only making logistical arrangements, but is a well-motivated, strategic thinker that helps develop travel policies and procedures; proactively anticipates, plans and leads the effective implementation of travel and event plans in close consultation and coordination with IW program leads; and drives for continuous improvements.
The Travel and Events Manager is thoroughly familiar with or researches the applicable laws and government guidelines and procedures for any necessary visit and work visas. She or he prepares all relevant communication and documentation to facilitate event bookings, travel, and visa procurement.
The Travel and Event Manager develops and communicates security measures, and regularly checks in with travellers, helping ensure that they reach their destinations safely and timely.
- Review and, when necessary, provide input to developing or updating IW travel policies and procedures to help ensure they are current and fit for purpose; ensure compliance by IW staff with such policies
- Be resourceful in acquiring safety and security (S&S) information applicable to IW staff’s places of travel, coordinate with relevant organisations (e.g. UNDSS) as useful, and provide relevant S&S guidelines to IW travellers
- Serve as the authority in work permit and visa requirements, research immigration laws, provide guidance to applicants on visa application process, and undertake the timely procurement of required permits and visas
- Serve as the focal point for communicating and coordinating with government agencies, outsourced travel agents and other related vendors; follow up status of submitted requests, and proactively provide status report to permit/visa applicants
- Take initiative and closely coordinate with program leads to acquire information on travel and event plans, and develop and maintain a work plan on which advance preparations will be made
- Book and manage all travel arrangements (air, lodgings, vehicle hire, transfers etc) for program staff and events participants; and manage relationships with IW’s appointed travel management company, airlines, hotels and other travel-related vendors and representatives
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure value for money, provide input into contract drafting and documentation, and ensure that all relevant agreements are in place and are reviewed regularly for comparison against other marketplace options
- Support the Program components before, during, and post-events/activities, ensuring that specific requirements are met, e.g., sending invitations; travel, venue and meals arrangements; attending to secretariat desk; preparing, distributing, collecting materials; ingress, egress; etc.
- Support the communications team in ensuring compliance of collaterals and events materials with branding guidelines; arranging for PR coverage; disseminating digital assets, etc.
- Prepare an end-of-activity report that will serve a lessons-learnt tool for planning future activities
- Investigate and learn from best practices of other international development organisations, applying them to IW where relevant
- Perform other related tasks
- Proven experience and management skills in organising and coordinating events and activities, and in managing the safety and security of travellers, preferably in an international development context
- Demonstrated working knowledge of international and domestic reservation processes, faring, routing, and ticketing procedures; and proven experience arranging complex and multi-segment domestic and international travel
- Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of relevant procurement/contracting processes and procedures; and effective negotiation skills, to be able to identify the most suitable service providers
- Thorough familiarity with Philippines immigration laws, requirements, and processes, and demonstrated experience working with relevant government and other agencies (e.g., government line agencies, Bureau of Immigration, visa agents)
- Highly organised, attentive to details, and result oriented, with demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain continuous improvements
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Friday, 25 October 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.