Senior Contracts Manager
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Investing in Women Operations Director, under the direction of Abt’s Head of Legal and Risk, and functioning as a key business partner to the Program’s Technical Leads, the Senior Contracts Manager is responsible for managing the end-to-end contract management activities undertaken in the program. This responsibility includes the procurement of consulting and other services types, grant management, and entering into licensing agreements and different types of business partnerships across multiple countries and jurisdictions. This role is responsible for ensuring that all Investing in Women contracting activities adhere to applicable Abt and IW policies and standards and that contractual and legal risk is managed proficiently.
- Direct and provide contract administrative support and guidance to Investing in Women program areas for procurement, grant management and other contracting activities throughout the entire contract management life-cycle, including contract closure;
- As required, conduct approaches to market for procurement and or granting activities in accordance with Investing in Women and Abt processes and manuals;
- As relevant, perform efficient organisational and due diligence assessments of grant partners, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure they have capability, systems and procedures in place to effectively and efficiently deliver on their contract;
- In-line with Abt proceedures and templates negotiate, draft, issue consultant, service order, sub-contract and grant contracts in a time sensitive and risk controlling manner;
- Where necessary, manage external lawyers, interpret their advice to enable informed decision-making within the program;
- Ensure all procurement and contract management represents DFAT’s value for money principles;
- Provide timely contract and grant management and compliance support to technical leads, including monitoring of contracts, endorsement of payments, managing variations and providing advice for the proactive and good faith settlement of disputes; and
- In collaboration with Technical Leads, facilitate and support the implementation of appropriate contractor / partner performance assessment processes.
- At least five years’ working experience in international contracts management, including approaches to market, negotiating, drafting, establishing and managing subcontracts for services and grant agreements;
- At least five years’ experience working within the Australian Commonwealth Procurement Rules or similar and DFAT or similar donor policies;
- Demonstrated ability to provide concise strategic and practical legal advice to Senior Executives;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field;
- High-level interpersonal, communication and management skills;
- Commitment to internal and external customer service focused service delivery;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, juggle priorities and meet deadlines in a systematic and thorough manner; and
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is a must for this role.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Friday, 31 May 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.