Program Manager (Canberra, Australia)
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Working to the CEO and in close collaboration with the Contractor Representative, the IW Program Manager will manage relationships with key stakeholders, particularly the DFAT Gender Equality Branch (GEB) and coordinate and act as the secretariat for key management meetings, including Strategic Advisory Board meetings, IW Planning and Review meetings and regular meetings with Embassies. The Program manager plays a key role in ensuring all reporting to DFAT is accurate and well written. The Program Manager maintains good relationships across all teams in IW.
- Promotes and supports strong linkages between the IW Program and DFAT staff and coordinates information on IW with the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) in DFAT – including:
- Ensuring GEB have current and useful information on IW implementation and risks, including the preparation and submission of fortnightly management meeting reports
- Ensuring IW is able to respond to all requests and advice from DFAT Canberra, including following up on all meeting action items
- Acting as the secretariat to the IW Strategic Advisory Board
- Primary responsibility, in collaboration with the IW Leadership Team, for the planning, collation and production of regular DFAT updates and reports, including:
- The IW six-monthly Progress Report
- Program Annual Plan
- Quarterly CEO Newsletter
- 2-weekly reporting to GEB on activities
- Quarterly meetings with each Embassy
- Coordinates IW’s support for DFAT in undertaking a review of IW and the development of a design for any follow-on activities through developing Terms of References, sourcing consultants etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the CEO
- At least 5 years in a senior role responsible for the facilitation and coordination of organisational activities and stakeholder management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively within a diverse and dispersed team across multiple countries, as well as independently with limited supervision.
- High level writing skills, and experience in preparing reports for publishing or distribution.
- Strong program management and administration skills, well organised and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to IW’s program objectives on gender equality
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including ability to write and present concisely and clearly
- Flexible and a team player with experience in working effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Highly competent in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘Position Description’.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Sunday, 16 May 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website www.abtassociates.com