Policy Reform Expert – Philippines
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Based in Manila, the Policy Reform Expert will support Business Coalitions (BCs) in the Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia Myanmar to undertake policy influencing work. This role will lead research to identify and support effective influencing opportunities and will assist each of the BCs to further refine and implement their policy reform action plans.
The position is full time and contract offered to June 2022. It is open to local applicants or ex-pat applicants currently residing in the Philippines.
The Policy Reform Expert will:
- Identify policy influencing opportunities to advance WGE within each of the 4 countries
- Support BC members to develop and implement policy influencing action plans
- Advise on WGE criteria within sustainability reporting frameworks
- Inform data analysis and research to assess WGE status in countries
- Ensure the availability of local/international resource experts and provides support to those STAs
- Identify and partner with other stakeholders working on WGE, gender reporting, and sustainability reporting
- Assist BCs in communicating work relating to WGE and policy reform
- Support P1 knowledge management by monitoring and recording policy influencing outcomes and impacts
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding barriers to WGE within formal workplaces
- Demonstrated experience in effectively influencing policy in South East Asia
- Prior experience with sustainability reporting, preferably relating to gender, with experience of working with regulators
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to present to range of audiences
- Prior experience crafting policy-focused knowledge products
- Proven ability to mentor and coach others both in person and remotely, with experience of working across different cultures
- Fluent English both written and verbal, – Bahasa, Tagalog, Burmese or Vietnamese an advantage
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘Position Description’ .
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Wednesday, 12 May 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.