Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Partnerships Officer will be a member of Investing in Women (IW), and help P3 realise the goal of positively shifting attitudes to women at work and in society. The role will be responsible for:
- Supporting the implementation of the Influencing Gender Norms Strategy;
- Assisting the engagement between IW and partners, particularly for procurement, contracting and monitoring; and
- Contributing to IW learnings on Pathway 3 partnerships through their role in consolidating data and reports
- Support the implementation of the Influencing Gender Norms Strategy through partnerships;
- Liaise with Contracts on procurement needs, including but not limited to partners, subcontractors and STAs;
- Implement appropriate due diligence of partners and partner subcontractors as needed;
- Proactively monitor partner compliance, performance, and risks, regularly reporting to the Partnerships Manager;
- Consolidate data from partnerships as needed by the MEL team and other IW areas;
- Contribute to P3 inputs for IW reporting including Annual Plans, MEL reviews and related communication materials;
- Support public diplomacy opportunities for DFAT through the partnerships;
- Support the development of communication materials, videos, and collaterals on the partnerships;
- Coordinate logistics and administrative requirements for partner activities involving IW, including travel; and
- Submit travel reports and reimbursement claims in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience in project or account management and/or procurement;
- Qualifications in business administration or management or other relevant areas;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating logistics and administrative requirements for meetings, events and other activities;
- Demonstrated understanding in data collection and reporting for monitoring evaluation and learning;
- Effective communication, documentation and reporting capabilities, including experience in using project management tools; and
- Understanding of and commitment to women’s economic empowerment.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Thursday, 17 October 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.