Partnerships Manager – Philippines
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Under the direction of the Director, the Partnerships Manager will be responsible for managing designated Investing in Women’s campaign partnerships and research partnerships in Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam.
The Partnerships Manager will:
- Manage designated campaign partnerships to deliver intended results, including:
- Manage partner contracts to ensure timely submission and payment against contract deliverables;
- Develop good working relationships with partners;
- Support partners to reach targeted audiences with appropriate messaging and performance measurement;
- Work closely with Investing in Women’s other work units (the Strategic Implementation Unit, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning) as needed;
- Manage and report on risks.
- Manage the design, contracting, management and use of research in how social media can positively influence gender norms, including:
- Work closely with IW contracts team to implement procurement plan in each country and negotiate contracts with research partners;
- Support the work of research partners to engage positively with ongoing campaign partnerships to periodically research campaign messages and audience response, quantitatively and qualitatively;
- Work closely with IW’s Monitoring Evaluation and Learning team to integrate research findings into other monitoring and learning products;
- Manage research partner contracts to ensure timely submission and payment against contract deliverables;
- Support Australia’s public diplomacy initiatives in all three countries;
- Contribute to other team tasks as needed, team meetings, strategy implementation and review.
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- Experience and competence in project and contract management, preferably of donor-supported projects
- Tertiary qualifications in social sciences or other relevant area and ability to engage with complex ideas and translate to practical actions
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and women’s economic empowerment issues, particularly in Southeast Asia
- Experience and competence in relationship management
- Interest in and knowledge of social media platforms
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Monday, 22 February 2021
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.