Partnership Advisor – Impact Investing
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Partnership Advisor – Impact Investing role will oversee a portfolio of industry networks and intermediaries in impact investing and gender lens investing. The role will be responsible for:
- Managing engagement between IW and a range of strategic industry partners;
- Implementing the P2’s investor engagement strategy; and
- Contributing to IW learnings agenda on private sector partnership to promote women’s economic empowerment
- Support the implementation and refinement of a well- targeted P2 Investment Plan (2019 – 2023), including the criteria for selecting impact investing partners and blended finance instruments to reinforce additionality.
- Provide technical inputs to the industry partnerships, including performance incentives and clear vision for results;
- Lead appropriate due diligence assessments of new partners and monitor investment compliance, performance, and impact;
- Manage a portfolio of industry partnerships (global, regional, and Australia);
- Oversee development and implementation of the P2 investor engagement strategy to move more Asian capital into impact investing and gender lens investing for the Target Countries;
- Actively promote P2’s agenda at related industry forums and conferences;
- Oversee the IW communication strategy in promoting the business case for investing in women, particularly to crowd in more Impact Investments for women’s SMEs in South East Asia;
IW Program Coordination
- Provide technical inputs on MEL findings to help build the business case for investments in women’s SMEs;
- Contribute to P2 inputs for IW reporting (including Annual Plans), MEL reviews, and related communications material, such as brochures, website content, and social media outlets; and
- Submit travel reports and claims for reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Understanding of global fields of gender lens investing and impact investing, as well as opportunities created by Asian capital providers;
- Ability to proactively engage, influence, and build relationships within regional and global impact investing industry, and with experts in gender lens investing;
- Technical capability in research, knowledge building, and quantitative analysis;
- Ability to (a) deliver concise, intuitive communication material and (b) develop compelling knowledge products;
- Knowledge and experience working in gender equality and women’s economic empowerment in South East Asia; and
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Saturday, 15 June 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.