Organisational Development Specialist – Vietnam
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Organisational Development (OD) Specialist, a member of Workplace Gender Equality (Pathway 1 or P1), will work with the OD/D&I Manager and assigned Business Coalition. The role will provide advice and support to the assigned Business Coalition enabling them to lead effective organisational change to advance gender equality within the private sector, supporting them to deliver services to member companies.
The terms and conditions of the engagement will be negotiated with the successful applicant. The final engagement arrangement will be discussed and agreed to by the OD/D&I Manager and the respective Executive/Country Directors.
The OD Specialist reports to the OD/D&I Manager who will provide strategic leadership across IW markets on priorities and activities.
The OD Specialist will include be responsible for following activities. Each BC will identify priority areas to accelerate the deployment of WGE consultancy services, trainings and assessment tools, which will inform individualised workplan for the OD Specialist:
- Support the development and implementation of country workplans of assigned Business Coalitions to increase engagements with private sector companies and accelerate deployment of WGE tools (BC)
- Provide individualised expert advice to BC member companies on D&I and WGE priorities and challenges for the implementation of action plans and initiatives to progress WGE and organisational and culture change
- Develop strategies and provide direct support to BC to increase sales of trainings, tools and consultancy services
- Work with MEL Coordinators in each BC in monitoring the implementation of WGE action plans, and measure outcomes and impact of BC engagements with companies
- Work with the IW OD/D&I Manager, WGE Advancement Manager, MEL managers and external D&I expertise to develop, refine and enable the efficient rollout of training modules, factsheets and other tools and resources
- Work with assigned BCs (and P1 leads) to identify targeted products and services for their clients, draft, test and revise the materials and approaches as required. Support in WGE assessment tool deployment and customization to address market needs
- Work with the BC’s MEL Coordinator and Program Manager to track and monitor the effectiveness of services delivered, providing advice and support to the BC and clients on accelerating progress
- Hold regular meetings with IW OD/D&I Manager, Assessment and Development Manager to report on progress of project objectives, feedback on observed challenges and identify risks and provide recommendations. Likewise meet other OD Specialists regarding common issues and challenges faced
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- At least eight years’ experience of managing organisational change or strategic human resources within the private sector in assigned IW markets
- Experience leading organisational change or human resource transformation programs or initiatives across private sector company
- Direct experience in promoting consulting/training services securing contracts for priced services with private sector clients
- Proven experience working with, for or providing support and advice to private sector companies on business, people, or performance issues across a range of sectors and companies
- A sound understanding of leading practice D&I approaches
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Wednesday, 10 February 2021
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.