Organisational Development/Diversity and Inclusion Manager – Philippines
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Investing in Women (IW) is seeking to engage an Organisational Development/Diversity and Inclusion Manager in the Philippines to support Pathway 1: Workplace Gender Equality (WGE), by providing advice and support to PBCWE enabling them to lead effective organisational change to advance gender equality within the private sector, supporting them to deliver services to member companies.
The manager will be one of four Organisational Development Expert roles in the program (one in each of the four IW countries with the BCs) but this manager will play a senior leadership and coordination role across the other three. The role will work closely with the WGE Assessment and Development Manager and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager.
The Organisational Development/Diversity and Inclusion Manager will:
- Manage the Organisational Development Consultants in Hanoi, Yangon and Jakarta ensuring the delivery of their TORs to a high standard
- Support the development of country workplans in partnership with 3 Business Coalitions in Vietnam, Indonesia and Myanmar
- Provide individualised expert advice to BC member companies on D&I and WGE priorities and challenges in the implementation of action plans and initiatives to progress WGE and organisational and culture change
- Develop strategies and provide direct support to increase sales of BC services
- Work with MEL Coordinators in each BC monitor implementation of action plans
- Work with the IW Assessment and Development, MEL managers and external D&I expertise to develop and revise of modules in the roll out of the second phase of the IW and WGEA developed tool ‘Gender Equality Assessments, Results and Strategies’ (GEARS)
- Coordinate IW and BC client training (in-person and virtual/online) courses and materials to ensure consistency in quality and access across the four BCs
- Provide direct support to the PBCWE team in Manila, advising PBCWE staff on strategies to promote take-up of BC services
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- At least eight years’ experience of managing organisational change or strategic human resources within the private sector in the Philippines
- Experience leading organisational change or human resource transformation programs or initiatives across a company
- Direct experience in promoting consulting/training services securing contracts for priced services with private sector clients
- Proven experience working with, for or providing support and advice to private sector companies on business, people or performance issues across a range of sectors and companies
- Experience of managing teams (ideally remotely/in multiple locations)
- A sound understanding of leading practice D&I approaches
- Excellent communication skills and fluent written and spoken English
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Friday, 30 October 2020
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.