Organisational Development Consultant – Vietnam
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The OD Consultant, a member of Workplace Gender Equality (Pathway 1 or P1), will work with the OD/D&I Manager and assigned BC. The role will provide advice and support to the assigned BC enabling them to lead effective organisational change to advance gender equality within the private sector, supporting them to deliver services to member companies. The OD Consultant reports to the OD/D&I Manager who will provide strategic leadership across IW markets on priorities and activities.
The OD Consultant will provide approximately 144 days (2 days per week or 8 days per month based on agreed-upon arrangement) to provide support to the BCs each year based on the country action plan developed in consultation with the assigned BC. The contract will be for an initial period of 18 months. The allotment of days to specific activities and/or deliverables will be flexible and dependent on the requirements of the BCs and its member companies. The final allotment must be discussed and agreed to by the D&I/OD Manager and the respective Executive/Country Directors.
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- Support the development and implementation of country workplans of assigned Business Coalitions to increase engagements with private sector companies and accelerate deployment of WGE tools (BC)
- Provide individualised expert advice to BC member companies on D&I and WGE priorities and challenges for the implementation of action plans and initiatives to progress WGE and organisational and culture change
- Develop strategies and provide direct support to BC to increase sales of tools and services
- Work with MEL Coordinators in each BC in monitoring the implementation of WGE action plans, and measure outcomes and impact of BC engagements with companies
- Work with the IW OD/D&I Manager, WGE Advancement Manager, MEL managers and external D&I expertise to develop, refine and enable the efficient rollout of training modules, factsheets and other tools and resources.
- Work with assigned BCs (and P1 leads) to identify targeted products and services for their clients, draft, test and revise the materials and approaches as required. Support in WGE assessment tool deployment and customization to address market needs
- Work with the BC’s MEL Coordinator and Program Manager to track and monitor the progress of client WGE action and effectiveness of services delivered, providing advice and support to the BC and clients on maintaining progress
- Hold regular meetings with IW OD/D&I Manager, Assessment and Development Manager to report on progress of project objectives, feedback on observed challenges and identify risks and provide recommendations. Likewise meet other OD STAs regarding common issues and challenges faced
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- At least six years’ experience in managing organisational change or strategic human resources with multiple companies, within the private sector, and within country being recruited at or in Southeast Asia
- Proven relevant experience working with, for, or providing support and advice to private sector companies on business, people or performance issues across a range of sectors and companies
- A sound understanding of leading diversity practices and approaches in the market being recruited at
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Friday, 29 January 2021
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.