Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MEL) Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MEL) Coordinator will support the MEL team to implement the IW MEL system, through the team’s design, managing and reporting on MEL activities across IW pathways. The position will contribute to analysis and reporting and dissemination of findings around program outcomes and progress towards workplace gender equality.
The MEL Coordinator will:
- Assist MEL team members in the design, data collection, analysis and reporting of qualitative and quantitative MEL activities, including surveys, case studies, interviews, focus groups and episode studies
- Collect, collate and analyse data from program pathway teams and partner organisations, drawing on and supporting their tracking systems as appropriate
- Contribute to MEL reports to IW management and to DFAT
- Maintain the IW Results Framework by gathering data from program pathway teams
- Assist on selected research activities relating to program outcome areas, including literature reviews
- Contribute to preparation of IW presentations, blogs and reports, and learning events
- Prepare summaries of IW reporting into short standalone communications pieces and factsheets for different audiences
- Engage in learning events and regular meetings with IW Pathway teams and relevant IW partners, to ensure the MEL team is up to date on program activities and challenges
- Maintain holdings of MEL data and key documents
- Assist MEL Director in aspects of financial and contractual management
- Support MEL team members on other MEL activities as needed
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- Experience in design and implementation of data collection, analysis and reporting, and familiarity with a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Knowledge of gender issues, particularly as relevant to women’s economic empowerment in Southeast Asia
- Experience working in South East Asia, particularly the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and/or Myanmar desirable
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Sunday, 14 February 2021
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.