MEL Manager – Australia
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The MEL Manager will assist the MEL Director and Deputy to track IW progress and implement the IW MEL system, through design, managing and reporting on MEL activities across IW pathways, with a prime focus on Pathway 1 (P1 – Workplace Gender Equality). This encompasses the development of Business Coalitions, workplace gender equality changes in client firms, and policy reform initiatives. This includes responsibility for primary and secondary data analysis and user-appropriate reporting. The position will contribute to the production of MEL reports and dissemination of analysis and findings around program outcomes and progress towards workplace gender equality.
The MEL Manager will:
- Assist in the design, data collection, analysis and reporting of qualitative and quantitative MEL activities, including surveys, case studies, interviews and episode studies
- Analyse and provide reporting on primary quantitative data, including aggregate-level analysis of firms’ workplace gender data
- Track progress against the P1 Results Framework
Work with P1’s technical team and MEL counterparts within partner organisations (such as the Business Coalitions) to:
- provide advice on their development and implementation of program tracking, monitoring and evaluation systems
- gather, interpret and make use of aggregate WGE data collected through their operations, including through gender assessment tools and annual WGE progress data
- Lead or assist on selected research activities relating to Workplace Gender Equality outcomes
- Provide written and verbal reporting of MEL findings to key IW staff and stakeholders, including through Powerpoint presentations and infographics
- Support periodic review and update of the IW MEL system
- Communicate regularly with IW Pathway team members and relevant IW partners and participate in learning events where appropriate, to ensure the MEL team is up to date on program activities and challenges
- Support the MEL Director/Deputy to coordinate and manage short term advisors carrying out studies or analysis
- Support the MEL Director/Deputy with supervision or oversight of other MEL activities as needed
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- Qualifications and demonstrated experience in social sciences, preferably with a focus on quantitative and qualitative M&E, data collection/research, data analysis and reporting
- Relevant experience and demonstrated understanding of gender equality/women’s economic empowerment issues and constraints
- Competency in other software such as SPSS and Strata is desirable.
- Experience in designing and implementing primary data collection (through surveys, semi-structured interviews or focus groups) would be an advantage
- Experience working in South East Asia, particularly the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and/or Myanmar highly desirable
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Friday, 22 January 2021
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.