Market Research Expert – Philippines
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Investing in Women (IW) is seeking to establish an Market Research Expert in the Philippines to support Pathway 1: Workplace Gender Equality (WGE) by engaging with the Philippine Business Coalition for Women Empowerment (PBCWE) on their upcoming market research. This role will provide support in ensuring a concise Philippine market research is conducted by:
- Conducting desktop research to identify companies with an appetite for WGE and soft skills training operating in the Philippines;
- Identifying competitors in PBCWE’s space;
- Reaching out to companies to determine key personnel within companies who have knowledge of gender training needs and/or decision-making power
- Assisting in devising a plan for face-to-face engagement strategy with shortlisted companies, for both large and medium-sized enterprises (PBCWE personnel will provide advice and, attend and lead these meetings with companies); and
- Capacity building of one PBCWE personnel on how to best conduct market research to strengthen the Coalitions’ business case and sell their products effectively.
The Market Research Expert will:
- In consultation with PBCWE, lead the market research and meet key deliverable dates;
- Develop sound work processes for identifying and contacting companies with a commitment to WGE and identify or help develop soft skills training programs that may assist in creating avenues for change towards gender inclusive workplaces;
- Develop a database of relevant companies with an interest on WGE;
- Produce report with concise recommendations taken from research market findings to strengthen PBCWE’s business case; and
- Knowledge transfer of market research learning to PBCWE, in particular for key personnel such as the MEL Coordinator or Communications/Marketing Manager.
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- Strong market research experience;
- Work experience in the Philippines in relevant field, and proficiency in Filipino language;
- WGE knowledge in private business settings. Ongoing close collaboration with PBCWE is an advantage;
- Ability to contribute to building the business case/s for WGE, and identify or help develop soft skills training programs for the PBCWE; and
- Has the ability and legal right to work in the Philippines.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Wednesday, 11 March 2020
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.