Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The IT Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective support and running of the Program information and communications technology infrastructure, service desk and user support functions.
The role of the IT Manager is to:
- Contribute to the development of the information and communications technology (ICT) system;
- Provide prompt and proficient advice on ICT to support program activities and partners as required;
- Ensure maximum availability of network infrastructure including servers, workstations, email, network storage and other network services;
- Respond to Service Desk requests in a timely manner;
- Work with the Abt global ICT team to apply ICT policies & procedures in the program to ensure that all IT systems are compliant and consistent with these policies and requirements;
- Support and ensure implemention of Abt’s business systems;
- Support the Program Operations team with other activities as requested, such as operations procurement;
- Actively promote Abt Associates standard technologies, security recommendations and general ICT competence by providing education/training material and advice to staff on ICT systems, policies and procedures;
- As required, support the technology component of the advocacy platform, including online and social media advocacy; and
- As required provide out-of-office hours remote support.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or IT management, with a major in computer science, information technology, management information system, or equivalent industry experience;
- Significant work experience in undertaking the duties of an IT manager (refer to Specific Duties);
- Proven experience in managing IT infrastructure & providing service desk support;
- Knowledge in IT troubleshooting and in recommending or applying necessary solutions; and
- Experience in IT asset management, information security, and control structures.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Tuesday, 18 June 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.