Influencing Gender Norms Advisory Panel
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Investing in Women (IW) is seeking to establish an Advisory Panel of experts with relevant expertise and experience to inform and advise the implementation of IW’s influencing gender norms work in 2020 (12 months). We are looking for multiple experts including, researchers and practitioners, with expertise across the following areas, relevant to workplace gender equality and women’s economic empowerment, particularly in South East Asia:
- Qualitative and quantitative research in gender norms
- Research in masculinity norms and other intersectional factors (i.e., race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity, disability, age)
- Development of gender transformative resources particularly for the private sector
- Campaign work on shifting gender norms, particularly with target groups such as urban millennials and workers in the formal sector
- Advertising, marketing and media campaigns
- Social media and digital communications campaigns
- Monitoring and evaluation for gender norms and women’s economic empowerment, including for social media and digital communications
Panel members will be engaged for specific tasks as required, for example, peer reviewing a research report, designing a toolkit, advising on the strategy, reviewing campaign proposals; undertaking a literature review, advising on how to best integrate gender norms into monitoring and evaluation data collection tools or advising on how to monitor and evaluate social media, digital communication based campaigns.
- Relevant experience in the areas identified in the Skills and Experience Table above
- Sound understanding of and ability to work on gender norms, stereotypes and behaviour change, relevant to women’s economic empowerment and workplace gender equality, preferably within the private sector
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and/or qualitative research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare concise, well-argued reports with actionable recommendations where relevant
- Experience and understanding of the contexts in South East Asia (particularly Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam) is preferable
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Sunday, 12 January 2020
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.