Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women.
IW’s new phase continues the ambitious agenda of advancing women’s economic empowerment championed by its predecessor program. It builds on the results, partnerships, learnings and credibility established under the first eight years of IW. IW’s new phase will extend and scale Australia’s contribution to supporting women in the region and advancing gender equality through continuing to influence an ecosystem of policymakers, business leaders, capital providers and women’s economic empowerment actors in Southeast Asia.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women: Women In Inclusive Sustainable Economic Recovery (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to accelerate women’s economic empowerment through increased and equitable opportunities in the private sector, contributing to inclusive, sustainable economic recovery and growth in targeted countries.
Positioning women at the centre of economic resilience and recovery and accelerating their economic empowerment is critical to achieving a wide range of objectives pertaining to sustainable development in Southeast Asia. As the region recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, gender-sensitive economic recovery strategies will be critical to prevent further deterioration in women’s economic empowerment indicators seen during COVID-19. Focus on an inclusive recovery seeks to harness the productivity, skills, capacity, talent, innovation, and leadership that women offer, and realise the benefits of women’s economic empowerment for themselves, their families, and their communities.
IW will run for four years, from January 2023 to 2027, with an option to extend for a further six years. Initial countries of focus will be at least Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam, with some activities engaging at a regional level.
IW has four mutually reinforcing outcomes for the new phase:
- WORKPLACE GENDER EQUALITY – More businesses adopt and implement workplace gender equality organisational changes
- AFFORDABLE QUALITY CHILDCARE – Evidence created to build the case for the importance and value of childcare – to business, the economy and women’s economic empowerment
- QUALITY JOBS FOR WOMEN – Private sector and government partners progress strategies and initiatives to increase quality jobs for women
- IMPACTFUL CAPITAL – A significant increase in gender lens investing (GLI) in target countries.
About the Opportunity
Part of the Operations Team, Human Resources (HR) manages a wide range of activities, including developing and implementing policies, and delivering services that engage staff members and enable them to achieve their objectives timely and smoothly. The HR Officer will provide support to these activities and to payroll management; and will act as IW’s focal person for safeguarding and workplace health and safety (WHS).
The job holder is knowledgeable of relevant laws and regulations. They will coordinate with hiring managers, job applicants, consultants, insurance providers, training providers; with Finance on salary related matters; and with Abt’s Safeguarding and WHS Specialist on safeguarding and WHS.
The job holder has the ability and an established experience in handling confidential information, ensuring they are kept secure and accessible only to authorized persons.
- Assist with the recruitment, engagement, onboarding, and induction of staff and consultants; use the required Abt applications (e.g., ATLAS, Sharepoint).
- Coordinate with hiring managers and job applicants on related HR activities, and with IT Services on IT account.
- Prepare employment contracts and consultancy agreements, create profiles within Abt data management systems, and update and generate personnel and employment data as necessary, including contact lists.
- Coordinate with insurance providers ensuring timely enrolment and deletion of employees and dependents; track related invoices or adjustments and coordinate with Finance to reconcile billings.
- Assist with preparing reports for submission to DFAT or for Abt’s purposes (e.g., PERFORMS, HR metrics, consultancy data).
- Support the development and implementation of learning and development (L&D) programs, including the compilation of and coordination with staff on L&D needs, and identification of and coordination with suitable training providers.
- Support staff offboarding processes, including deactivation of IT account, retrieval of work equipment, and ensuring completeness and filing of employee separation documents.
- Acquire knowledge and familiarity with Abt’s safeguarding and WHS policies, processes, and reporting requirements; assume the IW Safeguarding and WHS Officer role in due time, which will include contributing to the development and implementation of policies and procedures in local context.
- Provide IW Finance with payroll-related information e.g., social security number, bank account details; coordinate with staff on related details as necessary.
- Review timesheets and leave forms ensuring that employees have enough leave accruals for accurate recording in payroll.
- Train and acquire knowledge and familiarity with Abt’s payroll system and processes using the required application (Rockfast Payroll).
- In due time, process and reconcile payroll data, ensuring correctness of salary deductions, tax and overtime wage calculations, recording of leave and public holidays — closely coordinating with line manager and IW Finance on the review, finalization of payroll transaction reports, and release of salaries and pay advice.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations governing employment, statutory monetary benefits and separation from service.
- As required, coordinate with Employer of Record (EOR, or employment agencies on behalf of Abt in areas where Abt does not have a license to operate) on matters pertaining to IW program personnel’s employment via EORs.
- Maintain an effective filing system, ensuring completeness of files and an efficient storage of and access to required information.
- Perform other relevant tasks as needed.
Location of work: Makati City, Philippines
We are seeking an individual who has:
- KSC 1: At least 3 years’ experience in supporting hire-to-retire HR services
- KSC 2: At least 3 years’ experience as a payroll officer
- KSC 3: Knowledge of the Philippines labour law, income taxation, and other regulations relevant to the role. Some knowledge and experience with Vietnamese and/or Indonesian labour law is an advantage.
- KSC 4: High level of professional maturity, able and experienced in supporting Program management with staff engagement and employee relations management.
- KSC 5: Demonstrated experience and ability to handle confidential information, ensuring data security and privacy.
Applicants must describe their fit to each of the 5 KSCs and attach their response to their application letter or CV. Applicants who are able to provide their KSC response will be prioritized.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement for a position. At Investing in Women and Abt Associates we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every role requirement, we encourage you to apply in any case. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other roles.
How to Apply
Please submit your application online; upload your cover letter and CV, attaching your response to the Key Selection Criteria that should describe how you meet the requirements of this role.
We welcome internal candidates who are encouraged to apply via the ‘suitcase’ icon (Abt Careers website); this enables sign into Atlas as Abt personnel.
Application close: 9 April 2023, 11:59 PM Manila time
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to all forms of diversity and equality including racial equity, gender, sexual diversity and disability inclusion. We strongly encourage people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. We offer flexible work arrangements and a culturally safe environment for staff members from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.