Governance Consultant – Philippines
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Investing in Women (IW) is seeking to engage a Governance Consultant in the Philippines to support Pathway 1: Workplace Gender Equality (WGE), by providing technical expertise in responding to the action items in the BC governance plan, such as, but not limited to, coaching, facilitating learning session on governance-related themes, and setting up a compendium of best practices on governance. This consultancy will produce a compendium of Good Governance best practices, tools, and processes for Not for Profit in the context of the four IW countries (i.e. the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar).
The Governance Consultant will:
- Develop concept note with content outline and timelines in creating the compendium
- Coordinate with BCs through a consultative session to finalize compendium content and format
- Produce print-ready and online versions of the compendium
- Facilitate a launch/ orientation session among BCs on the content of the compendium
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- An experienced consultant or program manager, with minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing Governance-related support for NGOs
- Experience in research and creating learning products, tools for strengthening governance structure and process is highly desirable
- Experience in delivering training/coaching and working in close partnership with NGO EDs and Board
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Friday, 4 September 2020
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.