Gender/Sustainability Reporting Expert – Philippines, Indonesia, or Vietnam
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Gender/Sustainability Reporting Expert will support BCs in the Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia to improve gender reporting in company sustainability reports. This role develops strategies to promote gender reporting to companies, private sector networks, regulatory bodies and policy makers and embed gender into sustainability reporting mechanisms.
The Expert will support the BCs to promote robust gender criteria in sustainability reporting frameworks. This role will provide technical expertise on proposed gender equality indicators, their relevance and impact on advancing WGE, and will inform data analysis to assess and communicate country contexts.
This role will liaise with other organizations advocating for WGE such as UN Women, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), International Labour Organisation (ILO) Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Australia’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). The Expert will have a broad understanding of sustainability reporting preferably with direct experience of supporting companies to produce sustainability reports.
- Support the policy influencing agenda of the three BCs and opportunities to advance WGE reporting in the Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam
- Working with BCs and other key partners, develop a practical guide for embedding WGE criteria in sustainability reporting frameworks and analysing collected WGE data
- Advise on WGE criteria within sustainability reporting frameworks
- Inform data analysis and research to assess WGE status in countries using data from sustainability reporting
- Support the BCs to collaborate with other stakeholders working on WGE, gender reporting, and sustainability reporting
- Assist BCs in communicating work on WGE and policy reform to private sector, regulators, and government
- Support BCs to refine and implement their policy influencing action plans, and quality assure key deliverables
- Prior experience with developing, implementing, and monitoring ESG indicators in corporate reporting and working with regulators and/or other monitoring entities
- Experience of policy influencing to advance gender equality, ideally related to private sector employment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with ability to present to range of audiences
- Prior experience crafting policy-focused knowledge products
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies as applied to social policies
- Proven ability to mentor and coach others both in person and remotely, with experience of working across different cultures
- Experience of working in SE Asia
- Fluent English both written and verbal; proficiency in Bahasa, Tagalog, Burmese or Vietnamese an advantage
Candidates should also be reviewing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document in the ‘Position Description’.
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘Position Description’.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applications document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Sunday, 31 October 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website www.abtassociates.com