Gender Diversity and Inclusion Specialist
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women.
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Diversity and Inclusion Expert will provide advice and support to the 4 Business Coalitions to enable them to lead effective organizational change process which advances gender equality, through facilitation, clear communications, and appropriate, effective interventions.
Reporting to the Business Partnerships Director and working closely with the Training and Development Manager they will travel to Vietnam, Indonesia and Myanmar to work both with BC staff and member companies. Additionally, they will provide advice on workplace gender equality to IW staff and partners for example Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade DFAT or implementing partners from the Advocacy and Impact Investing components of IW.
- The D&I Expert will use their thorough understanding of the drivers for change within the private sector to create insights internally to the IW team and externally to partners on how gender diversity contributes to business results, as well as to People and HR strategies
- Review EDGE reports from companies and use data to identify opportunities to improve company performance via improved workplace gender equality
- Advise BC staff on strategies to enhance company performance and together work with companies to develop action plans, and support and monitor implementation
- Identify and capacitate BC staff to use complementary tools to measure performance such as Pay Gap analysis and rapid Assessment tools
- Together with the IW MEL team analyse data from BC firms to track WGE in the 4 countries and identify successful strategies to advance change
- Provide expert consultancy on diversity and inclusion, specifically workplace gender equality services to companies where required sourcing and creating knowledge products on WGE
- Maintain a close relationship with EDGE strategy, keeping abreast on developments related to the EDGE methodology
- An experienced Diversity and Inclusion Practitioner with a minimum of 8 years’ experience, including at senior level
- Candidate have applied experience with best practices and emerging trends within the private sector for advancing diversity and inclusion and have demonstrated customizing and applying these to diverse organizations
- Knowledge of range of metrics to measure workplace gender equality with experience of interpreting results
- Proven experience in providing advice to private sector companies on best practices that ensure equity and achievement of organizational D&I objectives in a variety of HR areas, including but not limited to recruiting and staffing, OD, work and life balance, succession planning, training/ development, and performance management
- Understands and is current on global and local trends/ changes and how they inform and influence D&I
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Gathers and uses competitive intelligence
- Understands diverse customer/client needs
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Sunday, 24 February 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.