Gender Advocacy Director – Philippines
The Gender Advocacy Director will be responsible for assessing the existing strategy and its implementation while developing a strategy for shifting gender norms which limit women’s opportunities in the formal economy through Phase 2 of Investing in Women (2019 – 2023).
The successful individual will work with local partners to research, plan and implement a range of activities to achieve the strategy. The Director will also work closely with other program components to support the dissemination of knowledge on women in the economies of South East Asia and to support key partner advocacy programs.
- Manage a small team and be accountable for the program budget
- An initial, diverse group of partners are currently implementing activities in the Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam. These activities will be completed in May 2019. The Director will be responsible for managing these activities, assessing the outcomes achieved and developing a Phase 2 strategy, for approval by DFAT, for shifting gender norms around women’s economic opportunities
- Oversee the production and dissemination of credible information and knowledge products, drawn from the Investing in Women Initiative and other credible sources, to achieve end of program outcomes and build the business case for investing in women
- Look to examples of successful advocacy and campaign strategies from around the world (especially those that have emerged in the region), with a view to supporting such efforts to grow, forming linkages, and disseminating good practice approaches to like-minded groups
- Engage and work with networks, research institutes, advocacy groups and women’s rights organisations in South East Asia to identify partners capable of supporting the achievement of Phase 2 stratgey objectives. Negotiate appropriate partnerhsips with promising groups and support implementation of their activities
A Terms of Reference providing further details of the key duties is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications
- Knowledge of and experience in delivering advocacy strategies that shifted public attitudes and organisational and institutional norms which affect and define social outcomes, particularly in South East Asia.
- Expertise in gender, with knowledge of gender in South East Asia an advantage
- A proven track record of influencing partners, government and other key stakeholders across South East Asia
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, and diplomacy
A Terms of Reference providing further details of the key requirements is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website, and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 5 PM, Wednesday 5 December 2018
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.