Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Driver/Office Assistant will provide logistical support to the IW program. This person will safely transport passengers and/or IW properties between CBM and its places of business; deliver and pick-up documents; and perform other errands. The job holder will assist office administration and be responsible for procurement of office supplies, processing business permits and liaising with service providers and government offices upon line manager’s request.
- Safe driving and vehicle maintenance:
- Ensure road-worthiness of vehicles at all times by regularly inspecting the physical and mechanical condition, including tires, brakes, battery, fuel, oil and other fluids;
- Facilitate vehicle preventive maintenance when schedule falls due; submit recommendations on necessary repairs;
- Clean the vehicle regularly; or send the vehicle for cleaning;
- Ensure the presence of the emergency fire extinguisher and first-aid kit inside office vehicle at all time; monitor expiry dates of consumables and ensure timely replenishment; and
- Drive defensively, and strictly follow driving and traffic regulations, ensuring safety and security of self and passengers.
- Support to office and program management:
- Regularly clean the pantry, offices, and meeting rooms; dispose of garbage as per building administrator’s guidelines;
- Post or collect mails, and attend to other messengerial requirements, including but not limited to, delivery/pickup of documents to/from banks, government agencies, and service providers;
- Prompt and assist with the timely renewal of insurance and vehicle registration;
- Receive deliveries of documents or goods; attend to reception of office visitors; and
- Help with meeting room arrangements; provide support to events manager or program staff in packing and transporting events materials as may be requested.
- A licensed driver with at least 10 years’ relevant experience, at least 3 of which as a company driver;
- High school graduate with good working knowledge of the English language;
- Basic knowledge of computer operation (MS Word, MS Excel, email, internet);
- Significant experience in supporting office operations (e.g., office cleaning, running errands, liaising with service providers, purchase of office supplies); and
- Experience in processing business permits, office and vehicle registrations, permit and insurance renewals, etc.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Friday, 24 May 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.