Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager, the Contracts Manager will provide advice and support to the IW CEO, Directors, Program Managers and Operational Staff to ensure program implementation is well coordinated and in-line with Abt and DFAT priorities. You will support technical procurement and contracting of program partners across multiple countries and jurisdictions in-line with Abt and DFAT policies as well as ensure compliance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules, the Commonwealth Grant Rules and Guidelines and Abt procurement policies.
- Contribute to the delivery of efficient and effective procurement and contract management and administrative services for the program team in an electronic and hardcopy environment throughout the entire contract life cycle, including contract closure;
- As required, conduct or review approaches to the market for procurement and grant activities in accordance with Investing in Women and Abt processes and policies;
- Contribute to the drafting, development and implementation of program (inclusive of operational) contracts and grant agreements, including contract variations in a time sensitive and risk controlling manner;
- Provide timely contract and grant management and compliance support to technical and operational leads, including monitoring of contractual activities and deliverables, and reviewing of invoices and tranche requests against contractual requirements;
- Ensure all procurement, contracting and grant management files are maintained as per Abt and IW requirements;
- Support compliance and financial audits of grant recipients and partners in-line with contract, policy and manual requirements;
- Assist in continuously improving Investing in Women contracts, grants and procurement procedures and documentation;
- Contribute to the development of program procurement and monitoring reports and documents including through the use of EnQuire and Netsuite software;
- Assist in ensuring the program supply chain represents inclusiveness;
- Proactively identify and manage procurement, contract and grant related risks, raising risks with the Senior Contracts Manager; and
- Perform efficient organisational and due diligence assessments of grant partners, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that they have the capability, systems and procedures in place to effectively and efficiently deliver on their contract;13. Other tasks as may be determined in line with the Duty Statement.
- At least three years of work experience in contracts administration and management including approaches to market, negotiating, drafting, establishing and managing subcontracts for services and grant agreements;
- Strong analytical and research skills, with the ability to produce quality reports and provide clear and to the point advice with an attention to detail within given deadlines;
- Experience working within the Australian Commonwealth Procurement Rules or similar policies;
- Proven track record working within a quality assured management system and implementing policies and procedures within an organisation; and
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with fluency in English.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Friday, 18 October 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.