Contract and Procurement Support Consultant
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager, a panel of short-term consultants will provide advice and support to the IW Contracts Team. Consultants will be contracted for specific assignments through tasking notes on a per need project basis. The successful candidates will support technical procurement and contracting of program partners across multiple countries and jurisdictions in line with Abt and DFAT policies as well as ensure compliance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules, the Commonwealth Grant Rules & Guidelines and Abt procurement policies.
Assignments will be tasking note-based. Generally, the successful candidates will perform the following:
- Contribute to the delivery of efficient and effective procurement and contract management and administrative services for the program team in an electronic and hardcopy environment throughout the entire contract lifecycle, up to contract closure;
- As required, conduct or review approaches to the market for procurement and grant activities in accordance with IW and Abt processes and policies;
- Contribute to the drafting, development and implementation of operational and program contracts and grant agreements, including contract variations in a time sensitive and risk controlling manner;
- Assist in continuously improving IW contracts, grants and procurement procedures and documentation.
- Proactively identify and manage procurement, contract and grant related risks, raising issues to the attention of the Senior Contracts Manager;
- Perform efficient organisational and due diligence assessments of grant partners, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that they have the capability, systems and procedures in place to effectively and efficiently deliver on their contract;
- Perform other tasks as may be determined in line with the Duty Statement.
For your application to be considered by the panel, interested applicants must submit a response to each of the following Key Selection Criteria:
- Proven experience in contracts management including approaches to market, negotiating, drafting, establishing and managing subcontracts for services and grant agreements; undertaking due diligence; reviewing procurement documentation such as procurement plans, evaluation plans and procurement reports; and developing contract workplans.
- In-depth understanding of procurement and value for money principles, an understanding of Australian Commonwealth procurement principles is preferable.
- A relevant legal, contracting, business or procurement qualification or an equivalent level of knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with contract negotiations.
- Highly developed organisation and time management skills.
- An ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Excellent negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Displays initiative to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
- Can identify and analyse problems weighing the relevance and accuracy of available information.
- Can generate and evaluate alternative solutions and makes effective and timely decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with fluency in English.
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Sunday, 4 April 2021 – midnight (AEST).
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.