Content Lead – Philippines
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Content Lead will help to ensure that the initiative meets the IW goal of women’s economic empowerment in Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines and Vietnam. The Content Lead will assist the Senior Communications Manager in developing communication products for IW and is responsible for unique content development and maintaining adherence to the IW Style Guide and editorial standards. The ideal candidate has strong writing and editing skills, as well as basic knowledge and understanding of gender equality and women empowerment issues and will be able to help pull together inputs and analyses from IW’s areas of work into effective communications products with a strong central narratives.
- Assist in implementing the IW Communication Plan by effecting the content development and marketing process in close collaboration with IW’s area leads and partner communications leads
- Maintain IW’s editorial and gender-equal communication standards and ensure adherence to the IW Style Guide for all IW communications products and external publication
- Coordinate with IW stakeholders and conceptualise ideas and inputs received into appropriate content products or formats, including performing additional research and information gathering activities as necessary
- Write, edit and publish content for IW’s website, newsletter, social media and other relevant communications channels
- Provide communication support across IW, as requested
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills, with qualified in journalism, media, communications, publishing, content marketing or other relevant credentials
- Advanced written and oral English language skills, with high level knowledge of English grammar
- Capacity to quickly grasp issues and concepts as well as creativity to communicate technical content in compelling ways for non-expert audiences
- Excellent analytical, coordination and organisational skills, including research, project and stakeholder management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and consistently meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, email marketing software (such as MailChimp), and content management systems, particularly WordPress
- Knowledge in search engine optimisation (SEO) and desktop publishing and design software (such as InDesign and Photoshop) an advantage
Candidates should also be reviewing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applicants document in the ‘Position Description’.
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘Position Description’.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Information for Applications document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday, 1 November 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website www.abtassociates.com