Content Writer/Editor Consultant
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
Investing in Women (IW) is seeking to engage a Content Writer/Editor Consultant to help in ensuring that the initiative meets the IW goal of women’s economic empowerment in Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines and Vietnam. The Content Writer/Editor Consultant will assist the Senior Communications Manager in developing communication products for IW and is responsible for unique content development and maintaining adherence to the IW Style Guide and editorial standards.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills, as well as basic knowledge and understanding of gender equality and women empowerment issues, and will be able to help pull together inputs and analyses from IW’s areas of work into effective communications products with strong central narratives.
The role is a short-term consultancy position and will be based in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
The Content Writer/Editor Consultant will:
- Assist in implementing the IW Communication Plan by effecting the content development process in close collaboration with IW’s area leads and partner communications leads;
- Maintain IW’s editorial and gender-equal communication standards and ensure adherence to the IW Style Guide for all IW communications products and external publication;
- Conceptualize ideas and inputs received into appropriate content products or formats, including performing additional research and information gathering activities as necessary;
- Write, edit and publish content for IW’s website, newsletter, social media and other relevant communications channels; and
- Provide communication support across IW, as requested.
The preferred applicant for this role will have:
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills, qualified in journalism, media, communications, publishing, content marketing or other relevant credentials;
- Advanced written and oral English language skills, with high level knowledge of English grammar;
- Capacity to quickly grasp issues and concepts as well as creativity to communicate technical content in compelling ways for non-expert audiences;
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, including research, project and stakeholder management, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, email marketing software (such as MailChimp), and content management systems, particularly WordPress; and
- Knowledge in search engine optimisation (SEO) and desktop publishing and design software (such as InDesign and Photoshop) an advantage.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: Sunday, 15 November 2020 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.