Business Coalitions Operational Support Manager
Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women (IW).
Since April 2016, we have been trialing innovative ways to tackle one of the most critical economic and social issues of our time: gender inequality. An initiative of the Australian government, we partner with businesses in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia to influence workplace equality; with impact investors to expand women’s access to capital; and with a wide range of partners to change harmful social norms and gender stereotypes.
Our mission—to catalyse inclusive economic growth through increasing women’s economic opportunities in South East Asia—is at the heart of everything we do.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
The Business Coalitions Operational Support Manager will:
- Support Business Coalitions (BC) in developing robust governance systems and developing and implementing sustainable strategies that support IW goals;
- Support the Director of Business Partnerships in overseeing contract compliance by BCs;
- Provide day to day support to the BC to enable them to effectively implement workplans and ensure that appropriate monitoring and reporting systems are established; and
- Facilitate effective communication between the BCs and operations team and strategic implementation unit at IW.
- Monitor contract /grant agreements/reporting requirements and ensure BC meet deadlines, providing practical support to BC to produce appropriate financial and progress reports;
- Support the development of BC annual budgets and monitor expenditure against projections;
- Process tranche requests from BC in line with contract requirements;
- Support the development and monitoring of BC strategic plans;
- Advise on best practice in relation to governance;
- In coordination with the IW MEL Team, assist BCs in developing their own MEL systems;
- Assist with data gathering and compilation of reports; and
- Support the BC in the development and implementation of their sustainability plans.
- An experienced program manager, with minimum of 5 years’ experience in creating and monitoring strategic plans and budgets;
- Exceptional organisational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks;
- Proven experience in working with international donors including producing reports and handling public diplomacy;
- Proven experience of working with boards of non-profit entities;
- A willingness to multitask and support activities across the 4 countries;
- Experience in organisational development and managing change; experience in providing remote support preferable;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation;
- Knowledge of non-profit governance best practices.
Further Information & Application
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
Applications close: 12AM (AEST), Monday, 10 June 2019
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.