Thank you for your interest in joining Investing in Women.
Investing in Women: Women in Inclusive Sustainable Economic Recovery (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to accelerate women’s economic empowerment through increased and equitable opportunities in the private sector, contributing to inclusive, sustainable economic recovery and growth in targeted countries. Our objective is to support women to thrive in the workplace and succeed in business.
Building on the results, partnerships and lessons established under the first seven years of the program, IW’s new phase will extend and deepen Australia’s contribution to advancing gender equality in Southeast Asia through influencing and growing an ecosystem of policymakers, business leaders, capital providers and women’s economic empowerment actors.
If you are interested in joining our small, dynamic team and applying your skills, experience and passion to this mission, we want to hear from you.
About the Opportunity
IW seeks a candidate who will fill a temporary role while the current job holder is on a 3-month maternity leave. The short-term Administrative Officer is the focal person responsible for office upkeep, travel & events administration, procurement of office supplies and services, coordination with vendors and building administrator, attending to immigration requirements, and providing support to related work.
Specifically, the Administration Officer will be responsible for:
- Office administration
- Oversee the general upkeep of offices ensuring functionality of office equipment and adequacy of office supplies, in coordination with other HROS team members, outsourced personnel, and building administration as relevant.
- Ensure that posted information on bulletin boards—including, but not limited to, emergency contact lists and safety guidelines—are updated.
- Support the procurement of goods and services for office and program use; negotiate with and manage relationship with vendors and provide input into office operations and events contracts, ensuring best value for money and that all relevant agreements and services are in place.
- Organize all-staff meetings/activities and provide support to onboarding of staff.
- Closely coordinate with in-country team leads and/or program administrators at IW country offices to ensure alignment of practices with office and travel & events implementation standards and guidelines.
- Travel and events administration
- Facilitate provision of logistical and related support to IW workshops, meetings and closely monitor the schedule of events
- Conduct negotiations of hotel contracts (accommodation and meeting packages), arrange food and beverages, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, order events signs, and ensure appropriate decorations (floral, linens, color schemes, others) to meet the expectation of the project in every event;
- Support the Program components before, during, and post-events/activities, ensuring that specific requirements are met, and preparing an end-of-activity report that will serve a lessons-learnt tool for planning future activities.
- Be proactive in closely coordinating with program leads to acquire information on events plans; and develop and maintain a work plan for advanced preparations.
- Book or oversee the bookings by appointed travel company, ensuring that air, lodgings, vehicle hire, transfers requirements are timely organized.
- Be resourceful in acquiring safety and security (S&S) information applicable to IW staff’s places of travel, coordinating with relevant organisations (e.g., UNDSS) as useful and providing relevant S&S guidelines to and checking in with IW travellers.
- Attend to immigration-related work, including (but not limited to) procurement of exit clearances.
- Other responsibilities
- Organize periodic meetings of the HROS team and document outcomes.
- Maintain an effective and secure filing system, ensuring completeness of files and an efficient storage and access to required information.
- Back-stop other HROS staff in case of absence; perform other duties that may be assigned by the line manager from time to time.
- Effective office upkeep and adequately stocked up office supplies
- Seamless travel and event administration, in coordination with event owners
- Efficient handling of requests
- Duration: Three and a half (3.5) months; up to a maximum of 82 days during the term.
- Engagement period: 12 February 2024 to 11 June 2024
- Work arrangements: 5 days a week (excluding public holidays); optional 2-day work from home
- Remuneration: PHP 3,200 per day inclusive of all applicable government taxes; no entitlement to benefits
We are seeking an individual who is willing to work under a short-term contract and ideally meets the selection criteria given below. The successful candidate is experienced, a quick learner of new processes, proactive, responsive to requirements, an excellent team player, and willing to understand and contribute to Program requirements.
For your application to be considered by the Panel, interested applicants must submit a response to each of the following Key Selection Criteria (KSC):
- KSC 1: Proven experience and skills in organising and coordinating events and activities, and in managing the safety and security of travellers, preferably in an international development context.
- KSC 2: At least five (3) years’ experience in a similar role.
- KSC 3:Demonstrated working knowledge of international and domestic reservation processes.
- KSC 4: Demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of relevant procurement/contracting processes and procedures; and effective negotiation skills, to be able to identify the most suitable and value-for-money service providers.
- KSC 5: Familiarity with, knowledge of, and/or experience working in gender equality and women’s economic empowerment issues, especially in Southeast Asia.
- KSC 6: Highly organised, attentive to details, and result-oriented, with demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain continuous improvement.
How to Apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please submit your application online. Upload your cover letter, CV and your response to the KSCs. Submit your CV and KSC response as a single document, and address how you meet the requirements of this role in your KSC statements. We are unable to proceed with an application that has not addressed the KSCs.
Application close: 10 December 2023, Sunday (11:59PM Manila time)
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to all forms of diversity and equality including racial equity, gender, sexual diversity and disability inclusion. We strongly encourage people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. We offer flexible work arrangements and a culturally safe environment for staff members from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.